While downloading some windows updates, my computer crashed with the message on a blue SCREEN!

about:

kernel32.dll (or something lkek that) error needs to close to save disks

whole bunch of stuff i didnt write down

physical memory being flushed.

ok, then on reboot it couldnt find ANY harddrives and i had two working perfectly before this crash.

One of my disks contains very important information so any help would be vert very appreciated

Alex

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

While downloading some windows updates, my computer crashed with the message on a blue SCREEN! about: kernel32.dll (or something lkek that) error needs to close to save disks...

Which version of the operating system? Which filesystem on the disks? It sounds like you have a damaged master boot record (MBR) on Drive 0. More information would help.

If all else fails, go somewhere with broadband and download Knoppix (see my sig). Bootable Linux on a CD, it can be used to recover files and keep the long filenames intact (a boot or recovery floppy often won't).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.