ok so for awhile now, whenever i try to print something... the print job either freezes and i have to restart my computer, or the computer just automatically restarts once the print job starts to print. on occasion the printer will print one page, and then when the another page starts to print it'll freeze or restart. i've tried asking the manufacturer what the problem is but they dont help AT ALL... i've tried uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it and that doesnt work either. does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

my computer is a Compaq, yes i know it sucks u dont gotta tell me :evil:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

"...ok so for awhile now, whenever i try to print something..."

Did you do anything to your system just before this problem showed up? Add any software, add any new peripherals (printer, DVD or CD-ROM drives, scanners, etc...)? Did you download and install any updates to your operating system or drivers? Something must have changed to make this problem surface. Or...you could be experiencing a hardware failure.

just restore your computer
and the solution for your problem will be there

check your printer drivers with the system, have you checked for viruses in your computer. May be the virus has removed some dll files or some files related to the printers. Either you format the computer reload the o/s than the printer drivers and you are all set to use.

Just update your systems driver might be they have some trouble.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.