Hi Everyone It's a pleasure to join your Lounge. I have 12 yrs in the computer field but still learning day to day new things. My problem is when I first bootup my sons computer when its cold it goes through the whole boot cycle but blank screen. After it warms up and I reboot it runs fine, any ideas would be greatful.
Thank You

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Sounds like the computer is ok but either the video card or monitor is failing. Open the case, remove and reseat the video card. Disconnect the monitor first from the video card. Make sure that you use the card screw to secure the video card into the case.
Reconnect (securely) the monitor to the video card. Boot cold and see what happens.

Sounds like the computer is ok but either the video card or monitor is failing. Open the case, remove and reseat the video card. Disconnect the monitor first from the video card. Make sure that you use the card screw to secure the video card into the case.
Reconnect (securely) the monitor to the video card. Boot cold and see what happens.

Hi, thank you for the advice I will try it to see what happens, I'll repost to let you know how it turns out.
Thank You Again

Hi Again,
I believe you were right, it's the monitor I tried a few different video cards and the same result. Thank You for your help, when I get a few extra bucks I will buy a new monitor because it booted up fine cold with my monitor.Thank You Again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.