I have a Hp Pavilion that will not boot and i cannot access the BIOS.

It loads to the HP logo screen and then stalls.

Steps I have tried:
1. Pressing F10 - result: "Loading setup appears on the logo screen, this should bring up the BIOS however nothing occurs (have also tried all other function keys with no result).

2. Have re-set CMOS by removing the battery and allowing to sit for some time (have also tried as per hp website, running the machine without the battery for a period).

3. Have disconnected hard drive and CD drive and then rec-connected (tried running the computer whilst disconnected, got the expected boot disk failure).

4. Have removed and replaced the RAM sticks.

There was no lead up or warning to this occurence. Computer worked perfectly fine only hours prior.

Im not sure were to go from here. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have a Hp Pavilion that will not boot and i cannot access the BIOS.

It loads to the HP logo screen and then stalls.

Steps I have tried:
1. Pressing F10 - result: "Loading setup appears on the logo screen, this should bring up the BIOS however nothing occurs (have also tried all other function keys with no result).

2. Have re-set CMOS by removing the battery and allowing to sit for some time (have also tried as per hp website, running the machine without the battery for a period).

3. Have disconnected hard drive and CD drive and then rec-connected (tried running the computer whilst disconnected, got the expected boot disk failure).

4. Have removed and replaced the RAM sticks.

There was no lead up or warning to this occurence. Computer worked perfectly fine only hours prior.

Im not sure were to go from here. Any suggestions much appreciated.

If you have a zv6000 series laptop with memory cards on both sides of the motherBoard, I would suggest removing the memory on the bottom of the computer first, this allows only the memory on the top side of the motherboard. If the behavior is similar, I would then suspect the Hard drive. If you can locate a computer with a similar interface, not sure which you have, some are SATA some are
PATA, and instal it there and attempt to BOOT you should be able to as least determine whether or not it is a faulting hard dirve or maybe the remaining memory in your laptop is faulty. In any event I would start there.

Cheers!,

Mr Synapse

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.