I recently upgraded my computer with new motherboard, memory, cpu graphic card and hard drive. After assembling, it started up and worked great. Later, I got the really bright idea of trying to add some of the old DDR memory from the old computer into the DDR2 memory slots. I was able to insert the memory without forcing it so I thought, wow, maybe it will be backward compatible to my old memory! So, I started it up and got nothing. No post up. Took the DDR2 memory in to be tested and they said it was dead. Ordered a new module and still get nothing. I reset the CMOS, also took the battery out and reinserted and still nothing. Then we went on a planned vacation. (I haven't told my wife about any of this yet.)

Back from vacation now, I tried to duplicate what I did by inserting a DDR module into the DDR2 slot and it's impossible. The notches definitely don't line up. So, I must have forced it in.

So my purpose in this note is to try and get some idea where the problem may now be? The computer fans start but there is no boot up at all.

Motherboard- Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI

CPU- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Windsor 3.0 ghz Dual Core
Memory- Kingston 2GB DDR2 (PC2 5300)
Graphic Card- ASUS EN9800GT
Hard Drive- Western Digital Caviar SATA 160gb

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

jUST SEE IF YOU GET A LIGHT ON THE MOTHERBOARD AND IF YES THEN DO YOU GET THE BEEPS WHILE YOU TURN THE POWER ON IF NOT THEN TRY TAKING EVRYTHING APART AND PLUGG IT BAK IN AND IF THAT DOSENT WORK THEN GET THE MOTHERBOARD AND THE POWERSUPPLY TESTED.

I did get the motherboard tested and it was bad.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.