I have a Powerbook G3 (WallStreet version) running OS 9.2 and am trying to burn some Photoshop files to CD. I have Toast Lite installed and a Lacie d2 CD-RW Drive. Whenver I connect my laptop to the CD-RW Drive and Launch Toast Lite I get that annoying little revolving black and white wheel (you know the little icon thingy that spins while your hard drive is thinking about what to do...) and the word in red at the bottom saying "scanning..." which I presume means trying to find the CD-RW. Unfortunately, this is all it does - it goes on until I can stand no more (usually 10-15 mins).
I've tried reinstalling Toast but that seems fine, changing the USB cables (they plug into a Belkin USB Bus Port mobile and I've even changed that) but still no luck.
Would be incredibily grateful for some wise words...
Thank you, thank you, thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

Has this configuration worked for you in the past, or is this a brand new installation?

This is also SCSI... wondering if you are powering the laptop off properly before hooking all the cables up. SCSI is not hot-swap like USB/Firewire.

Christian

Hello,

Has this configuration worked for you in the past, or is this a brand new installation?

This is also SCSI... wondering if you are powering the laptop off properly before hooking all the cables up. SCSI is not hot-swap like USB/Firewire.

Christian

Thanks for getting back. No this is an entirely new configuration...to explain: I have my own desktop imac OSX which connects beautifully with the very same CD-RW. The laptop described earlier was bought second hand off ebay 2 years ago and works a treat. However, this is the first time I've tried to hook it up to a CD-RW, Printer or any other peripheral. Could you explain about SCSI? I can connect a SCSI to the laptop as well but the CD-RW is only USB based (I think - it's at home, I'm at work)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.