Hi,

My computer had a few viruses recently so i removed them using Spyware Doctor. It required i do a restart to clear the memory. My computer froze doing this and hasn't been able to start since.
It gets to a point just before it would usually begin loading Windows when it restarts again. I have tried the usual safemode last good config. etc.
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks and sorry for the essay :D

Daniel

Hi,

My computer had a few viruses recently so i removed them using Spyware Doctor. It required i do a restart to clear the memory. My computer froze doing this and hasn't been able to start since.
It gets to a point just before it would usually begin loading Windows when it restarts again. I have tried the usual safemode last good config. etc.
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks and sorry for the essay :D

Daniel

If it does not start in safe mode, then it may suggest that this virus has corrupted critical windows components or has embedded good and proper. Unless you know what the virus was or is, you may need to consider running setup again (which still may not solve the prob) or even formatting! This is of course unless you have a registry backup and you are happy to restore from DOS prompt?

:?:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.