I recently ourchased a new PC from MESH computers. Inormally build my own, but have started working as self emplyed as a web developer and need a PC with on site warranty.

My PC arrived with an ASUS K8V-MX motherboard. My previosu PC had an ASUS MB and so I was familiar ewith the features. The main priority for me was the RAID featire on the SATA Rom.

I had previosuly been stung with a RAID-0 config when one of the drives failed and so I really want to use RAID-1 (Mirroring) this time around. However I could not for the life of me get into the Raid Utility on boot up of my machine. Usually you would press <TAB> to enter the utility. However there is no message tellng me of this option and presing TAB does not have any results.

The ASUS website does not have any mention of my MB Model. However some online retailers are selling this MB and the specs clearly state that it includes a RAID controller. I also downloaded the Manual and it mentions the RAID controller in there.

I contacted MESH and after a few checks of various things like BIOS settings etc they came back and told me that the MB I have is an OEM model and therefore has the RAID controller disabled.

This does not seem right to me. I thought OEM models of hardware where identical to retail versions. The exception being retail versions come in a fancy box with packaged software, cables etc....

Can anybody confirm MESH's claim here? I've tried to contact ASUS but with no luck.... :rolleyes:

I recently ourchased a new PC from MESH computers. Inormally build my own, but have started working as self emplyed as a web developer and need a PC with on site warranty.

My PC arrived with an ASUS K8V-MX motherboard. My previosu PC had an ASUS MB and so I was familiar ewith the features. The main priority for me was the RAID featire on the SATA Rom.

I had previosuly been stung with a RAID-0 config when one of the drives failed and so I really want to use RAID-1 (Mirroring) this time around. However I could not for the life of me get into the Raid Utility on boot up of my machine. Usually you would press <TAB> to enter the utility. However there is no message tellng me of this option and presing TAB does not have any results.

The ASUS website does not have any mention of my MB Model. However some online retailers are selling this MB and the specs clearly state that it includes a RAID controller. I also downloaded the Manual and it mentions the RAID controller in there.

I contacted MESH and after a few checks of various things like BIOS settings etc they came back and told me that the MB I have is an OEM model and therefore has the RAID controller disabled.

This does not seem right to me. I thought OEM models of hardware where identical to retail versions. The exception being retail versions come in a fancy box with packaged software, cables etc....

Can anybody confirm MESH's claim here? I've tried to contact ASUS but with no luck.... :rolleyes:

I have a sony viao oem with an asus p4sd-vx motherboard in it. The last time i installed windows (from a real windows cd not their restore disks) it came up asking if i wanted to install it as a raid configeration. I of course said no because i dont have that setup, however i would say that it really isnt disabled becasue my oem board isnt and its an oem only board like yours is too. Thats the only way i can think of doing it is from a clean install because the bios's of these boards are competly locked down obviously to let them honor a warrenty to you. Hope that helps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.