Hi,
I bought my HP pavilion lx 2000 in August 2008 and everything was working fine until about a month ago. It started seriously overheating and would turn off at random times. I'm assuming this was not good for the hard disk and all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago the computer doesn't start windows. It goes through the normal start up then has a blank blue screen and a window appears suggesting there is an error that needs to be fixed. However i cannot cancel it and when it is finished it just restarts the computer. I did try to move the files onto a hard drive and recover the files on there on another HP. But it doesn't copy all the files i want...

Does anybody know how to solve this problem or what do to about this??????????

THANK YOUUUUUU

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

try to start windows in safe mode

well if you cannot get into windows at all, try booting in safe mode, Press F8 at the beginning and select Safe Mode, If you can start your machine thru that, is there any recently software or driver update that you have installed, uninstall it, also run antivirus scan, do it step by step and try boot as normal.

Hope that help, if non report back how far can you get thru safe mode.

regards

try to start windows in safe mode

To get into the Windows 2000 / XP Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.

Note: With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu.

Thank you soooo much José and names 24. You guys are kings!!! It has finally turned on!

It finallyy turned on! Thank you sooo much José and names 24!!! YOu guys are kings!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.