bazz 0 Newbie Poster

hi there,

to begin my story i must say i am in a sort off computer terror period off my life, everything seems to slowly break down, thats just a little problem.. thew big problem is that my " work " dissappears with it. SO I BOUGHT A WD 200 GIG ,
and a usb2 external casing to put it in , i already had a lacie 80gig, and one day my system did recognize none off them... the lacie worked before... the wd in the case is new ( bought it after i got this problem ).

i put the usb plug into my pc. normaly i would hear "dingdong" and a icon apeared. not anymore . and in device manager nothing implies there is a new drive... nore in system manager... actualy i havent found any sign of a usb drive in winows XP... but my bios does!! other usb devices work propperly ,like scanner , graphic pen , printer.... also. my external drive casing has a bung of cardreaders ann a usb hub on board... if i plug my graphical pen into the usb hub on the drive it doesnt work either, but on the free usb port on my pc it works,,,

the drives work fine on other machines and theire both formatted and partitionized and have a driveletter assigned.....
( on other machines they , atleast )

sorry for my bad english, but
can anyone help me?

thanx ,,

bazz

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.