>Any instructions on the web? I cannot find any.
I could. Strangely enough, they were on the Toshiba support web site. :rolleyes: Rule 1) If it's not easily accessible and you aren't well versed in how to do it, don't screw around. Toshiba recommends that you send in the computer for professional repair on this model, which suggests that it isn't easy. However, from what I've seen of Toshiba, the hard drive is under a panel on the underside of the machine. It's secured by a single screw and everything is easy to get to. Check that first if you want to do this yourself.
So Yvliew, did you ever find out how to replace the hard drive on your 2435-S255? I have exactly the same model and want to upgrade to a 7200 RPM drive. I have searched the web extensively (including the Toshiba web site) to try to see how to take this thing apart to install the drive with no luck. Any hints would certainly be appreciated.
I know this post was quite some time ago, but was looking for some other assistance with the same model not relating to the hard drive. Yet let me tell you that it is NOT difficult to replace the HD in a Toshiba 2435 (I hope that is the model you have). Following these steps.
1. Remove the battery from the bottom of the laptop
2. Make sure the laptop is NOT plugged in.
3. There is a release button for the CD/DVD ROM drive on the bottom of the laptop, simply press and hold the release switch and pull the CD/DVD drive out.
4. Once the CD/DVD drive is remove volia! The hard drive is right there! :cheesy:
5. Next just remove the 4 screws securing the drive in place, pull the drive back toward you to slide it out of it's pin-position.
6. Remove the mouting bracket from the hard drive (4 more screws) on 2 screws on each side of the drive.
7. Then of course just replace it with whatever drive size you wish and your good to go.
Hey, thanks for the help. I finally got a "professional" to do it for me. When I saw how easy it was, I was disappointed that I didn't figure it out myself.
Anyway, hopefully your post will help others.
By the way, I insalled a 7200 RPM Hitachi drive back then, 60 gigs, and it works great. I was lead to believe there may be some heat problems but it couldn't be smoother. And I noticed a real increase in speed.
Your very welcome Bruce. BTW a 60GB Hitchai 7200RPM!?!? :eek: That must of cost ya a pretty penny, goes for $200 as of right now! Glad its working great, drop me a line if you need anymore help/advice.
Technician/Student A+, Network+, CCNA, MCSE, working on more! :)
If interested, anyone can get a copy of the complete disassembly instruction manual I just wrote specifically for the 2435-S255 and put on Ebay. Nobody else had it so I made one! Just go to Ebay and search for "Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255 Disassembly Service Manual" and I will email it to you asap. :cheesy:
How to replace HDD for Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255 ? Any instructions on the web? I cannot find any. Do I have to open up the casing?