I have a gateway computer and it wont fully turn on. i turn it on and it runs, the lights on, the cdrom drive works but i cant see anything on the monitor, it doesnt fully turn on

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There are various causes to this kind of problem. First you need to check your monitor signal cable to see if its properly connected to your video card, you could also open the system case and take out the CMOS battery for at least 15 minutes and then put it back in and turn the system back on to see if it comes up. It could also be that the RAM is bad, or Power supply or motherboard or proccessor is bad. You should also listen if you hear any strange beeps when you boot up as that will help to find the exact problem.

hi, pls post more specs so we can help you pin point the problem. reseat the ram and video card make sure its tight . check your cables if they are all in.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.