Hello world!!!!

I know this sounds kind of stupid, but i am in the process of installing a new OS on my old PC because the XP went missing a file and doesnt boot up (also lost the install CD). I need to save some files that are on this disk BEFORE formatting, can anyone help me on this?

P.S: I note again that its the XP thats busted, not the BIOS.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

U want to save your data simply boot from safe mode and copy those things ,if it will not work then install it in another drive if you don't want to install it in another drive ten you need a s/w called winternal erd commander boot from this and restore your os if u have'nt then simply while you format u will get 5 option choose the last option ie leave the data and format then a new os will install and your data will save

@sparkax

Thnx ill try this today to see if it fixes my problem, wish me luck!

Try This site
http://www.ubcd4Win.com/

Tried it and got too complex, since i still had to get an Xp CD (but now i have useful tools when i get one!). Thanks a lot.

Hello world!!!!

I know this sounds kind of stupid, but i am in the process of installing a new OS on my old PC because the XP went missing a file and doesnt boot up (also lost the install CD). I need to save some files that are on this disk BEFORE formatting, can anyone help me on this?

P.S: I note again that its the XP thats busted, not the BIOS.

hei...

i think...u can use a'' SYSTEM restore''....

just try it....hmm... based on my schooling- i incounter it... will just try''

hei...

i think...u can use a'' SYSTEM restore''....

just try it....hmm... based on my schooling- i incounter it... will just try''

A system restore without the install cd? Dont think it will happen. Still i managed to fix it using gupta.manoj52's advice. Thank you all!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.