I just built my own computer system using a Biostar MCP6P M2+ motherboard and an Athlon 1.8 GHz processor, I followed the instructions in the quick setup guide and the manual which i downloaded but the system will not boot into the BIOS, in addition the power light does not come on and the hard drive light comes on and remains lit. The hard drive is a Seagate Baracuda 250 Gig SATA. Any help with this problem will be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

in addition the power light does not come on and the hard drive light comes on and remains lit. .

this part would make me check the front panel switches where it plugs into the motherboard!

I unplugged the plugs from the header pins on the motherboard and replaced them using the manual as a guide. I also cleared the CMOS using the jumper on the motherboard as the manual suggested in the troubleshooting guide the problem persists.

I unplugged the plugs from the header pins on the motherboard and replaced them using the manual as a guide. I also cleared the CMOS using the jumper on the motherboard as the manual suggested in the troubleshooting guide the problem persists.

no power lite ,indicates a wiring error in my opinion ,does your switch have indivigaul wire for each part ,psw led , and hdd led rest ect ect ,if yes some make sure the + and - are on correct pins.
don't make sence if it starts it should show bios option, is it booting at all or what ,do the fans spin hard drive spin ,cdrom droor open ect ect

I will make sure that the wires are on the correct pins. As to the other stuff the fans spin, the dvd drive opens, I hear the hard drive spin, so I agree with you there is nothing that should prevent the system from going to BIOS. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.