I have a serious problem, my laptop gives me some safemode options, but no matter what I have done so far, it always ends up rebooting in some way.
It started after I did a manual shutdown when it froze while the antivirus BitDefender was updating.

Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Sometimes, some of the windows protected files can be lost or changed. To detect any problems run the program “System File Checker” (SFC). Before you run it you should purge your PC’s cache:-

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”.. sfc.exe /purgecache

Note:- the space after “exe”.

The “purgecache” in this command will empty the cache before you run the file checker. You should always purge the cache before scanning with the System File Checker (SFC). That way, you can be sure that system files are copied from your Windows installation media, and are not infected with malware or corrupted. After the cache has been purged, run System File Checker.

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”… sfc.exe /scannow

Note:- the space after “exe”. You may be required to use your installation disk.

This could take a long time to complete, when finished, reboot and see if the problem still exists.

Sometimes, some of the windows protected files can be lost or changed. To detect any problems run the program “System File Checker” (SFC). Before you run it you should purge your PC’s cache:-

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”.. sfc.exe /purgecache

Note:- the space after “exe”.

The “purgecache” in this command will empty the cache before you run the file checker. You should always purge the cache before scanning with the System File Checker (SFC). That way, you can be sure that system files are copied from your Windows installation media, and are not infected with malware or corrupted. After the cache has been purged, run System File Checker.

Go to “START”
Click “RUN”
Type or “copy and paste”… sfc.exe /scannow

Note:- the space after “exe”. You may be required to use your installation disk.

This could take a long time to complete, when finished, reboot and see if the problem still exists.

If windows keeps shuting down you could try booting into safemode with command prompt and try it from there.

Only the command line should be avaliable so you can type the highlighted text. But you can try Bob_180_Bob's suggestion first if that fails try what I suggested.

If windows keeps shuting down you could try booting into safemode with command prompt and try it from there.

I have a serious problem, my laptop gives me some safemode options, but no matter what I have done so far, it always ends up rebooting in some way.

He has tried to boot into safe mode but it still boots into normal mode. for some reason, no other option will work. But he could try it from the repair console loaded from the OS CD.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.