I´m having an ACER laptop, and this morning i reinstalled the windows and everything seemed fine. All of a sudden it just gave me an error, so i restared the machine. On booting the screen just stood blank, so i switched it off. Now when i click on the power button the light comes on, the machine works but the screen stays blank.
What seems to be the problem.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi

Would you by any chance be able to recall what was the error that came up after the first install?? Also the specs of your pc would help to narrow down on the issue.

Regards
Raj

Hi

The error was in a blue screen but i don't recall what it actually said. Now and then it switches on, so i try to install the recovery CDs, but at the end of the installation process it keeps asking me for another CD which it wasn't supose to, and says that it could not locate the image file.

Is my PC fried or i can still fix it?

Regards
Pimpolho

i dont think the pc is fried as it is letting you get to the installation process at least. Did u format the hard drive and did a fresh install pr are u trying to do a repair install?

probably a video card error. check the video card well!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.