I am a little confused with the type of Inkjet Cartridges that are available in the market. They are Remanufactured Inkjet Cartridges and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Inkjet Cartridges, and if you compare the prices you will find that remanufactured ink cartridges are much cheaper than OEM ink cartridges, but at the same time if the manufacturer of the printer finds out that you have used a Non-OEM inkjet cartridge than your warranty for the printer gets void. I would like to know what can we do about it, whether we use remanufactured inkjet cartridges or not.

If the warranty seal is broken,then warranty will expired.And its depend upon you that which type of work you are doing with your printer.If you have not more work with images then Remanufactured cartridge is good option.

I am a little confused with the type of Inkjet Cartridges that are available in the market. They are Remanufactured Inkjet Cartridges and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Inkjet Cartridges, and if you compare the prices you will find that remanufactured ink cartridges are much cheaper than OEM ink cartridges, but at the same time if the manufacturer of the printer finds out that you have used a Non-OEM inkjet cartridge than your warranty for the printer gets void. I would like to know what can we do about it, whether we use remanufactured inkjet cartridges or not.

Hello, I am in Sales for an inkjet remanufacturer. Please see the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act. US Law prohibits manufacturers of your equipment from requiring use of OEM.
Contact me if you need a dealer referral. :)

Hello, I am in Sales for an inkjet remanufacturer. Please see the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act. US Law prohibits manufacturers of your equipment from requiring use of OEM.
Contact me if you need a dealer referral. :)

This means that we can use remanufactured inkjet cartridges without any worries or fear for warranty being void. But are you sure about this and this is applicable for every one.

This means that we can use remanufactured inkjet cartridges without any worries or fear for warranty being void. But are you sure about this and this is applicable for every one.

Absolutely, Below is the info from a flyer I educate my customers with.
The Use of Compatible Supplies Cannot Void Your Manufacturer Warranty

MAGNUSON-MOSS

Warranty Improvement Act
United States Code Annotated
Title 15 Commerce and Trade
Chapter 50 Consumer Product Warranties 15 Section 2302
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm

(c) No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer’s using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if:

1. The warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and

2. The Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest.

How This Affects You!
The use of our printer cartridges does not void your printer warranty. The manufacturer of the printer you are using cannot void the warranty on your printer because you use a cartridge or refill kit manufactured by someone other than the printer manufacturer. This prohibition includes the use of compatible cartridges and remanufactured cartridges.

U.S. law also prohibits the manufacturers of your equipment from requiring the use of OEM ink or toner or charging extra fees if you use products other than OEM products with their equipment. Those requirements and/or fees are in violation of existing anti-trust acts:

The Sherman and Clayton Antitrust Acts
(see also: Supreme Court decision: IBM vs. The United States 1936)
http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/public/div_stats/1638.htm
IBM vs. The United States
(The Sherman and Clayton Antitrust Law)

The Supreme Court (IBM vs. The United States) held that IBM could not threaten customers with termination of their data processing equipment leases just because they did not use supplies manufactured by IBM. Such practice constituted a tying agreement and was found to be in violation of the Sherman and Clayton Antitrust Law.

How This Affects You!
Free choice of vendor allows for competition and keeps prices affordable. Your printer manufacturers are aware of lower priced supplies. Threatening to void warranties and add additional service call charges for use of compatible ink or toner are their way of trying to limit competition. Save this information to protect yourself against these illegal actions. Our manufacturer is Heiber Compliant! Feel safe with our product. The Heiber patents (U.S. Patent Nos. 5,223,068, 5,525,183, 5,407,518, 5,676,794) cover methods and equipment for the splitting and resealing of many of the popular HP models. Our manufacturer is committed to providing the best product and protecting intellectual property and has entered into a licensing agreement with Heiber Patent Licensing, Inc. As a result, any toner product purchased from us is compliant with these patents whether through the use of licensed seals and splitters or through our payment of a royalty on the other cartridges.

Think of it like this Merry,

If you wreck your car, the body shop will not always
put OEM parts on it in an effort to save you money.

This WON'T void your Cars Warranty, the same
applies to any other item you buy with comsumable items.

Otherwise the car manufacturer could in a sense say that if you use Gas other than "thier preferred brand" you will void your warranty, does this make sense??

ike

Absolutely, Below is the info from a flyer I educate my customers with.
The Use of Compatible Supplies Cannot Void Your Manufacturer Warranty

MAGNUSON-MOSS

Warranty Improvement Act
United States Code Annotated
Title 15 Commerce and Trade
Chapter 50 Consumer Product Warranties 15 Section 2302

(c) No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer’s using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if:

1. The warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and

2. The Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest.

How This Affects You!
The use of our printer cartridges does not void your printer warranty. The manufacturer of the printer you are using cannot void the warranty on your printer because you use a cartridge or refill kit manufactured by someone other than the printer manufacturer. This prohibition includes the use of compatible cartridges and remanufactured cartridges.

U.S. law also prohibits the manufacturers of your equipment from requiring the use of OEM ink or toner or charging extra fees if you use products other than OEM products with their equipment. Those requirements and/or fees are in violation of existing anti-trust acts:

The Sherman and Clayton Antitrust Acts
(see also: Supreme Court decision: IBM vs. The United States 1936)
http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/public/div_stats/1638.htm
IBM vs. The United States
(The Sherman and Clayton Antitrust Law)

The Supreme Court (IBM vs. The United States) held that IBM could not threaten customers with termination of their data processing equipment leases just because they did not use supplies manufactured by IBM. Such practice constituted a tying agreement and was found to be in violation of the Sherman and Clayton Antitrust Law.

How This Affects You!
Free choice of vendor allows for competition and keeps prices affordable. Your printer manufacturers are aware of lower priced supplies. Threatening to void warranties and add additional service call charges for use of compatible ink or toner are their way of trying to limit competition. Save this information to protect yourself against these illegal actions. Our manufacturer is Heiber Compliant! Feel safe with our product. The Heiber patents (U.S. Patent Nos. 5,223,068, 5,525,183, 5,407,518, 5,676,794) cover methods and equipment for the splitting and resealing of many of the popular HP models. Our manufacturer is committed to providing the best product and protecting intellectual property and has entered into a licensing agreement with Heiber Patent Licensing, Inc. As a result, any toner product purchased from us is compliant with these patents whether through the use of licensed seals and splitters or through our payment of a royalty on the other cartridges.

Well thank you so much for providing such an important information about the warranty act. I actually heard about it sometime later but slipped out of mind. Yes this is the rule which states that you can use remanufactured ink cartridges freely without worrying the warranty void. This was really helpful..........:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.