The DJ 1 Light Poster

My friend asked me this question recently.

I didn't know what to tell him.

Mike: Hope you can help as I can't get anywhere with Dell, their free support is limited to OS problems and can't touch third party's hardware/ software - even though they installed it. So much for Dell.... They are on my short list along with HP.

I have a ATI video card that will play s-video, but when I went to use it last week it would only show up on the monitor during the boot up process. Once the XP log on screen showed up, it went black. I am getting the message that the "Windows Media Content Folder sharing has been stopped. A private network address is needed." The system is set up for a LAN, but I do not have one yet.

All Dell can do is to send me to the MS Knowledge Base article that says the address must be between this and that #. It does not tell you HOW to do it. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/devices/wmconnect/faq.aspx#4_1

I have posted on the MS site as well as Dell, but no answers. Any Ideas?

Are there any suggestions on how to help my friend?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.