I have a Presario V6000 laptop and after driving 600 miles it decided to not boot up. It would get hung up when I tried booting it in any mode. I tried to repair xp with the installation disk, but it said that there was no hard drive detected. I put in a new hd and got the same message. What should i do next. I'm not the most tech savvy person but im not stupid and i just need some direction

I have a Presario V6000 laptop and after driving 600 miles it decided to not boot up. It would get hung up when I tried booting it in any mode. I tried to repair xp with the installation disk, but it said that there was no hard drive detected. I put in a new hd and got the same message. What should i do next. I'm not the most tech savvy person but im not stupid and i just need some direction

After a 600 mile bounce down any highway I would start by checking hardware connections on the entire machine. The back of any vehicle is not the happiest place for any computer.Post back your update. Later---

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.