Hi -

I received the nv4_disp message on my Dell computer. It's not used very much since it's in the basement but would like to have the kids use it. How do I go past the nv4_disp screen? I know that the computer is working since it runs our wireless network.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ioannis_pappou

I can't open the website, tried it from 2 different computers.
I have an old Alienware, see below
1 | AREA-51M 7700 D900T GREY 17" XGA
1 | P4 3.0 GHZ 1MB 800FSB LGA775
1 | APACER 512MB DDR2 PC4200 SO-DIMM
1 | AREA-51M 7700 D900T NVIDIA 6800FXGO WITH 256MB MODULE
1 | SAMSUNG NOTEBOOK 60GB 5400RPM HD
1 | AREA-51M 7700 8X DVD+/-RW NEC
1 | ALIENWARE MOUSE PAD
1 | MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL VER1.1
1 | CYBERLINK POWERDVD 8 CHANNEL 7.1 XP
1 | NERO EXPRESS DVD WITH VISION EXPRESS SFT BUNDLE V6.0.0.16C
1 | ALIENWARE OWNER IDENTIFICATION CARD
1 | ALIENWARE MOBILE MANUAL
1 | 1-YR 24/7 WARRANTY (NO CHARGE)
1 | ON-SITE WARRANTY
1 | INTEL MOBILE INTEGRATED HIGH-DEFINITION AUDIO
1 | PERIPHERALS
1 | W-NWEB 802.11ABG PCMCIA EXTERNAL ADAPTER

Can't pinpoint what triggered it but I tried opening a video file and the system crashed, giving me the BSOD saying infinite loop etc for nv4_disp. They do mention in the BSOD that it might be a hardware issue.

I've tried in safe mode uninstalling and installing the driver, several versions that I had and worked in the past, none of them is effective.

Basically, is this a hardware issue, the card is cooked and I need to get a new one, or is this software? Most sites on the internet seem to think it's software... Can anyone post the webpage from christopherjason so I can read it?

Thx! How can I can check if it's hardware problem? There is mention on that posting as well to check the card, specifically the capacitators..

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.