Hi -

I received the nv4_disp message on my Dell computer. It's not used very much since it's in the basement but would like to have the kids use it. How do I go past the nv4_disp screen? I know that the computer is working since it runs our wireless network.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I can't open the website, tried it from 2 different computers.
I have an old Alienware, see below
1 | AREA-51M 7700 D900T GREY 17" XGA
1 | P4 3.0 GHZ 1MB 800FSB LGA775
1 | APACER 512MB DDR2 PC4200 SO-DIMM
1 | AREA-51M 7700 D900T NVIDIA 6800FXGO WITH 256MB MODULE
1 | SAMSUNG NOTEBOOK 60GB 5400RPM HD
1 | AREA-51M 7700 8X DVD+/-RW NEC
1 | ALIENWARE MOUSE PAD
1 | MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL VER1.1
1 | CYBERLINK POWERDVD 8 CHANNEL 7.1 XP
1 | NERO EXPRESS DVD WITH VISION EXPRESS SFT BUNDLE V6.0.0.16C
1 | ALIENWARE OWNER IDENTIFICATION CARD
1 | ALIENWARE MOBILE MANUAL
1 | 1-YR 24/7 WARRANTY (NO CHARGE)
1 | ON-SITE WARRANTY
1 | INTEL MOBILE INTEGRATED HIGH-DEFINITION AUDIO
1 | PERIPHERALS
1 | W-NWEB 802.11ABG PCMCIA EXTERNAL ADAPTER

Can't pinpoint what triggered it but I tried opening a video file and the system crashed, giving me the BSOD saying infinite loop etc for nv4_disp. They do mention in the BSOD that it might be a hardware issue.

I've tried in safe mode uninstalling and installing the driver, several versions that I had and worked in the past, none of them is effective.

Basically, is this a hardware issue, the card is cooked and I need to get a new one, or is this software? Most sites on the internet seem to think it's software... Can anyone post the webpage from christopherjason so I can read it?

Thx! How can I can check if it's hardware problem? There is mention on that posting as well to check the card, specifically the capacitators..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.