I removed all devices from the motherboard but the cooling fan runs for approximately 3 second then stops turning. "6 volts" is printed (on motherboard) near the fan assembly, but it measured 5 volts instead when I checked it. Is this typical for this model? I was unable to find schematics for this particular model. The dc jack and ac power cord are functioning correctly.

Originally, it would boot up but would lose power all together when picked up or moved.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The voltage drop does not seem to be a significant issue. The fan NOT running IS a PSU issue. If the system wants to die by just being moved a little is a significant power issue, bad connection somewhere. Overall however, might be a good idea to consider another system.
Unless you happen to work at the OEM there isn't going to be a schematic.

Hello my dear i am in USE Dubai i can;t find gateway SA6 Battery my laptop is now working on power supply how i can get please help me to find

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.