Hello, my wife turn on her labtop and it went to a screen that say ENTER PASSWORD!!!! We tried to reboot, that did not work. We can not go to Safe Mode. It will not let us go any further. I have Mcfee but they will or cant help, without us being online. I went to Tobshia, but they want us to pay $139.00 to help. Can someone help us??????

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello, my wife turn on her labtop and it went to a screen that say ENTER PASSWORD!!!! We tried to reboot, that did not work. We can not go to Safe Mode. It will not let us go any further. I have Mcfee but they will or cant help, without us being online. I went to Tobshia, but they want us to pay $139.00 to help. Can someone help us??????

you can plug out the battery and then replace it again carefully. if it bios password then hope it will work.

Hello,
Please try to get some password breaking softwares frome someone else.

What is the OS?

NO NO NO!

abu taher is on the right track.

Listen.

I can give you the passwords that you need. But first, do THIS:

unplug the power.
Take the side off your PC.
Look around for a little, flat, round battery.
take it out.
wait AT LEAST 30 minutes.

plug it all back together and try again.

it is your BIOS or CMOS password that you need, not your windows one. doing the above wipes the cmos memory.

if it does not work, then I need to know what BIOS you have, then I can give you the correct password. is it
PHEONIX
ATM
AWARD
or one of many others? it should tell you near the top of the screen.
Company and version.

it will say before that password shows up, up the top of the screen.
if you do not see it, it is because your monitor is not warming up fast enough... so turn the PC on, let the monitor warm up, then reoot the PC really quickly, before the monitor can turn off.

let me know how that goes.

I have no guarantee for this solution, but sometimes the simplest is the best.
If you Never assigned your computer a password and it suddenly started asking for one, The best password is none--meaning that when asked for the password, just press ENTER and you should be able to proceed.
Wishing you and your wife success

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.