octavius 36 Newbie Poster

Dear friends,

I used to print my documents on a Xerox Docuprint P8e which is a PCL 5 compliant device and works well under Windows 2000.

I connect it to a parallel port on my current machine which uses a simple PCI card for the parallel port because the mother board no longer has a parallel port.

I had Vista on my main machine last year and the printer worked fine.

This year, I upgraded to a new machine and Windows 7 64-bit.

I am unsure how to obtain the best results from my printer.

I managed to install a legacy driver for the original HP LaserJet Series II, and this driver allows me to print Memos and official documents in 12 Pt. Courier.

That works nicely, and ity is amazing to see what you can do these days with a printer that has just two build-in fonts.

Whenever I print a Website with that driver, I just get a blank page.

I also installed an HP LaserJet 2200 Series PCL 5 Driver which does better on the Websites, but does not work with my word processing software.

This is the source of the problem:

http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?Xtype=download&prodID=P8e&Xlang=en_US&Xcntry=USA

Drivers: Windows Vista
Windows Vista Note: Xerox discontinued support services of the Small Office/Home Office product line as of December 29, 2006. There are no plans to develop Vista drivers for these products. Please check with a Xerox Sales Representative for Vista-supported products.
There are no files available for this selection

I appreciate any help how to get my printer working on a modern computer system.

Getting this printer to work with the new Linux Lynx (Ubuntu 10) would also be helpful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.