I personally don't own a Ink Jet or Laser printer, why ? Simple the cost of INK. Recently I was in a local Office Store and thought to myself they should change the name of this Chain of stores to "The Printer Store" there was a wall or two of just Ink Jet and Laser Ink.

Then I thought with all this Printer INK is there a printer be it a INK Jet or Laser to which the cost of the INK is Cheap ? I would like to hear any recommendations.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

With an Inkjet printer, if you don't use it, the printheads will clog and the solvent used in the ink will evaporate over time.
A laser printer has a lower cost per page of output, and some models have toner cartridges that are easy to refill. A good quality laser printer has a type of 'stir-er' in the toner cartridge to keep the toner from clumping up, even after long periods of non-use.
I have a LaserJet 4 MP that I rescued from a dumpster around 1995. I use it about once a year and it still has its original toner cartridge. It works fine.
You could not do such a thing with an inkjet printer.

With an Inkjet printer, if you don't use it, the printheads will clog and the solvent used in the ink will evaporate over time.
A laser printer has a lower cost per page of output, and some models have toner cartridges that are easy to refill. A good quality laser printer has a type of 'stir-er' in the toner cartridge to keep the toner from clumping up, even after long periods of non-use.

I didn't know this. Lucky you found such a good Printer out of the Garbage and problem fee.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.