I have just bought MSI Radeon 9800pro 128 mb 3dCard by replacing my old Fx5200 card. Is

this a good card (R 9800 pro) for playing new games on medium sttings.

MSI RX 9800pro-TD128 (Model)
Memory Interface = 256 bit
RAMDAC = 400Mhz
Memory = 128mb
P. Pipelines = 8
Coreclock = 378MHz
Memoryclock = 338MHz

One thing I want to ask i.e. My card is low memory clock 338MHz where it must be 680 Mhz

(Given in ATI website). What is the difference in 338 and 680 Mhz. For what thing

memoryclock and coreclock is used for?

My game Medal of Honor pacific assult is too much slow on Radeon 9800pro(low settings).

Where the game is running well on Fx5200. On medium settings. All other games are also not

performing well. What should I do. Reinstal the game, upgarde the drivers (MSI vga drivers

or ATI vga drivers?).
ReInstal windows Xp sp2? Or the game is not supported by the card?

My system spec.
Intel Celeron D 2.4 MHz 256 cahce
MSI Motherboard (p4mam-v) AGP 4x
300W powersupply.
512 Mb DDR Kingston 400 bus

My experence of R 9800pro. Plz help me
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then what should be the problem. The performance of the game Medal of honor -PA is very

bad. I run it on low grafics and resolution 640*480. My system is too much slow on this

game at 9800pro. While on the same system with Fx5200 card i played the game on medium

grafics on resolution 800*600. The system is performing well on Fx5200. Today I ll try the

game by updating my drivers.

I tried Need for speed underground 2 on Full high grafics and resolutin 800*600 (without

AA.). The game is running very well and when i turn on Anti Alaising the screen is turns in

black.

I tried GTA sans andrees on Very high grafics 1024*768 resolution, AntiAlaising 3(Maximum).

The game is running well(better than Fx5200).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think powersupply is not the problem bcoz there is no powersupply restriction in the
usersguide>sys requirements. The problem is different.

PLZ help me I am very much tense just bought it 1 day ago.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Your card is operating at the correct speeds. It uses DDR RAM, which has a base clockspeed of ~340Mhz, which is effectively double pumped to 680Mhz.

Did you remove the previous drivers of your FX5200? Are you using the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI's website? Do you have AA or AF enabled in the ATI control panel?

I downloaded the ATI catalyst ver 5.7 (full version with driver and controlcenter). It solves my partial problem. Now NFSU 2 run very good by turning on AF and AA. Medal of honor-PA runs very good on start and suddenely (after some times) slow down very much (medium settings). ATI catalyst control center could not load on star gives error "Application fails to load CLI.exe" it says to me instal MS .net framework. Now i m downloading it and instal it tomarow.

I want to know one more thing i.e. The MSI R 9800pro has origianly 680 MHz memclock?
Is it right. I was very much worry about it.

One more...
What is coreclock and memclock? And for what purpose they used for? How they effect the gaming.

Please use the edit button in future instead of triple posting numan.

"Coreclock" would be the operating frequency of your GPU - the main processing unit on your graphics card. Yours is ~380Mhz. "Memclock" is the operating frequency of your graphics card's onboard memory. Yours is ~680Mhz. Increasing these values through "overclocking" will improve performance, but cause your card to produce more heat and thus reduce its lifespan.

So if a 3d card has DDR 2 then we multiply its memclock with 3?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.