ikofai 0 Newbie Poster

Hello everyone,

I just recently bought two Samsung SyncMaster P2570 Monitors. I'm unable to get them to work properly with ATI 4850 when trying to use the DVI and HDMI connectors (it also has a VGA connector as the third).

The two main symptoms I get are as follows:

1. Regardless as to which monitor is hooked up to the HDMI, the color of the HDMI connected monitor is always very dark and "blurry".
  2. If the HDMI slot is connected, Windows hangs on boot after the "Starting Windows" splash screen.

I've tried reinstalling my drivers (I'm currently running the newest ATI Catalyst Drivers) and updating my MOBO drivers but to have no success. I've also tried using different HDMI cables that I know work (ie, the one from my HDPVR to my HDTV). I've also tried playing around with the monitor settings.

I find it strange that the computer hangs on boot when the HDMI is plugged in. I'm leaning towards the card being fried (even though the single monitor plugged in with DVI looks flawless). Anyone else have any ideas?

• Is it because I'm trying the HDMI/DVI combo? Should I buy a card with two DVI slots?
  • Is it because my card is dying? If so, I have no problem buying a new one.

Computer Specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64
Motherboard: Intel G33T-AM (Comes in the Acer Aspire M5620 OEM computer).
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
Ram: 4.00 GB
HDD: WDC WD6400AAKS-22A7B0

Driver Info:
Provider: ATI Technologies Inc.
Date: 25/08/2010
Version: 8.771.0.0

Thanks for any help, I hope to get this solved soon.

-Ikofai