This is the temps of my computer (the green line up there is the gpu) after about five minutes of crysis at medium settings no aa res: 1024x768 , i have a nVidia GEforce gt220 and i noticed that it has no fan at all, first when i bought the computer i didn´t understand any of this, but im starting to get a hang of it now. my specs are: 4 CPUs at 2.3 GHz, 6144Mb RAM and windows 7 64 bit

at first i could play lots of games without any problems, nowdays i can play for a while and the screen goes black and there are some wierd noises, also before this problem appeared sometimes the screen went black for some seconds and then the computer said something about the graphics driver or card got shut down and restarted, but then i wasnt even playing anything..

so i was wondering how to solve my problem, i was thinking about buying a new graphics card, a radeon 5770, do you think this will solve my problems? Or do you have any better ideas for me?and also do you think i will have any problems with the power supply if i just stick in a radeon 5770?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

i googled you video card and looked at have fans .like this one .
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gt-220-review-test/

i had same error message about my video card stopping and restarting ,it never had win7 drivers for the card so iu removed it and just use my onboard video ,im not a gamer so i reall don't know if your card is good enough to play said games .but my suggestion would be to make sure that you are using latest drivers from nvida website for you card .

i googled you video card and looked at have fans .like this one .
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gt-220-review-test/

i had same error message about my video card stopping and restarting ,it never had win7 drivers for the card so iu removed it and just use my onboard video ,im not a gamer so i reall don't know if your card is good enough to play said games .but my suggestion would be to make sure that you are using latest drivers from nvida website for you card .

oh, youre right, it seems like its upside-down in my comp, if thats possible? i wondered why the hdmi cable had to be that way a while ago :D
and yes i am sure i have the latest driver for it, updated the day before yesterday :/

not really sure why it would act that way sorry ,if it were mine ,i would at least unplug it from motherbard and plug it back in just to be sure of good connection ,it may be faulty card

its stock and i would loose my warranty if id fiddle with it now :F

is that a dell computer?

is that a dell computer?

nope, packard bell iXtreme

its stock and i would loose my warranty if id fiddle with it now :F

Use the warranty.

okey coz we are having issues with radeon 5770 and nvidia GT220 so the fix is to update video bios. but it has been having problems with diffrent system brands.

Use the warranty.

well, i tried to contact them but they didn´t awnser... so now im just looking for the most reasonable thing to do

what about bios? well that i didnt understand, im sorry but im only a beginner at this and hoping to find help here :/

the manufacturer might replace it to a diffrent graphics so much better us the warranty

ok,not much you can do except open the tower and check and make sure the fan on the video card is working ,if it overheating nothing we tell you will change that !
you really need to return it for warrenty

ok,not much you can do except open the tower and check and make sure the fan on the video card is working ,if it overheating nothing we tell you will change that !
you really need to return it for warrenty

checked the fan, its spinning, then it must be a faulty card?

well i have everything under control now, bought a new power supply and the ati radeon 5770 and everything works perfect :P

If you don't feel like buying a new card go to newegg.com and search for "PCI Slot Case Cooler" these could help cool your video card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.