Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I just built a computer with the turbo key ll and core unlocker. I have already oc the thing to 3.7 without turning these on but was wondering how the turbo key and core unlocker work??? Anyone care to tell me a little bit about it? Would I be better to turn these on? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

A little more information is needed.
Motherboard model?
Processor?
ETC.

Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

Thermaltake Black Widow W0319RU 850W PSU

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro CPU cooler

XFX HD-583X-ZAFC Radeon HD 5830 1GB Video card

OCZ Reaper Edition 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Full

Logitech MK520 USB RF Wireless Ergonomic Desktop

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX Motherboard

HP Black 24X DVD burner

Thermalright X-Silent  thermalright-x-silent-140mm-silent-fan

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD204UI 2TB 5400 RPM SATA

COOLER MASTER Storm Scout computer case

Logitech LS21 7 Watts RMS (FTC) 2.1 Stereo Speaker System - Black

Scythe KS01-BK "KAZE SERVER" Advanced Fan Controller

Turbo key allows you to overclock the system by flipping a switch on the motherboard instead of going in to the BIOS, or using software.
IMO, overclocking from within the BIOS is the better option as you have a far wider range of options to choose from.
Unlocker is pointless in your case as you already have a 6 core processor and there are no other cores to unlock.
Some AMD processors are triple or quad cores that have been crippled to a dual core because one or two of the cores never passed testing. When using unloacker, you can get lucky and end up with all cores running.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.