Hi I have a problem that is difficult to explain, but I will do my best.

All media such as DVD, mpegs, avi's etc are displayed VERY dark on my monitor. I have tried changing the Gamma settings, it makes everything else lighter EXCEPT the movie!

Everything else on my computer is displayed correctly.

I have noticed that if I have 2 instances of a movie running at the same time, the 2nd one displays correctly. But if I shut down the 1st running instance the 2nd one will go back to being dark.

Does this make sense to anyone! :confused:

Thanks heaps in advance

nVidia geForece4 Ti4800 SE
LG Flatron T910B

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

vartotojas,

Does this occur with just one player, or any media player you use? Have you tried adjusting the media player's video settings?

J_

vartotojas,

Does this occur with just one player, or any media player you use? Have you tried adjusting the media player's video settings?

J_

HI unfortunately it is the case will all media players I have.. Including powerDVD, VLC, and windows media player..

Have resigned myself to having to adjust the brightness just for watching media then restoring back when finished :sad:

Right-click your desktop and select "Properties". Click the "Settings" tab. Click the "Advanced" button. See if there is a tab on the popup window that says the name of your graphics card (mine says "Quadro FX 500"). If so, click it. If you don't see that, click on the tabs until you find one that causes a box to "slide" out to the left of the window. Once you are on that tab, select "Overlay Controls" from the slide out box. You will see a slider labelled "Brightness". While running some video, adjust the slider until the brightness is to your liking. Once it is, click "Apply", click "Okay", and click "Okay" again on the Display Properties window.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.