hello there i have a amd something not interesting 1.2ghz computer in my room and firstly i had to flash the bios to get the graphics :cool: working then i installed windows :cool: and then i insalled the graphics driver and then i stopped it halfway through it booting up and then the graphics stopped working, :cry: i tried flashing the bios and it didnt work, :cry: it was left booting on IDE-1 but i needed it to boot the floppy to update the bios :eek: so i undid all the other cables and checked that the floppy was pluged in and i tried again but this time the computer didnt start, it hasnt started since :evil: no fans will turn on, i tried a different powersupply and a different cable and i had no luck can anyone help me?!! its a ECS K7S5A motherboard
and just encase your wondering i have checked the power board and that specific socket and it is all runing A-OK
The on/off switch is working
everything is workgin exept the whole thing!

plese help this makes my head hurt

p.s soz i posted in the pinned forum ;)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Curious-- why did you flash the BIOS? That's not something you should just do willy-nilly. What all components are currently installed in the system? Does it even power up now?

hello there i have a amd something not interesting 1.2ghz computer in my room and firstly i had to flash the bios to get the graphics :cool: working then i installed windows :cool: and then i insalled the graphics driver and then i stopped it halfway through it booting up and then the graphics stopped working, :cry: i tried flashing the bios and it didnt work, :cry: it was left booting on IDE-1 but i needed it to boot the floppy to update the bios :eek: so i undid all the other cables and checked that the floppy was pluged in and i tried again but this time the computer didnt start, it hasnt started since :evil: no fans will turn on, i tried a different powersupply and a different cable and i had no luck can anyone help me?!! its a ECS K7S5A motherboard
and just encase your wondering i have checked the power board and that specific socket and it is all runing A-OK
The on/off switch is working
everything is workgin exept the whole thing!

plese help this makes my head hurt

p.s soz i posted in the pinned forum ;)

hy tell me 1st if u installing the graphis yy u stop it in the middle that is the wrong thing u did u dont hve 2 stop although it was booting.. when u stop that the half installed graphics kicked ur boot and it is creating the problem i need 2 advice u that u hve 2 install the whole system and 2 use a virus checker in order 2 protect ur computer ....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.