I have a IBM T30 that appears to have a few "pressure" spots on the screen (screen is lighter in that area than other areas). They don't look like pressure spots from the laptop lid or anything but I couldn't manage to get inside to actually check. Is there anyway to fix these without buying a new screen?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have a IBM T30 that appears to have a few "pressure" spots on the screen (screen is lighter in that area than other areas). They don't look like pressure spots from the laptop lid or anything but I couldn't manage to get inside to actually check. Is there anyway to fix these without buying a new screen?

My dell x300 did the same thing! My ultimate solution...buying a referb off ebay and selling my old one. It cost me about $40 total. Anyways, in my case, i did open up the plastic lid to find something interesting. Everywhere there was a pressure spot on my lcd, there was an odly shaped piece of foam between the screen and the lid plastic. I tried everything to fix it but i found nothing. I think it is permantly damaged. Hopefully someone else can tell you otherwise though, and i would be interesed to hear them as well.

Best of luck
-nizzy1115

Just out of curiousity did anything happen to your laptop before the spots appeared?
I'm thinking it might be a backlight problem but the bezel is extremely hard to remove on the T30 so I don't want to break it in the process of getting back there to look.

well it was in my backback (a targus laptop back pack) but i had it loaded at the time...like really loaded, so i think it was really squished in there. Backlighting im pretty sure is uniform and will not cause spots. You can get spots though if you even rub the screen kindof hard in one spot as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.