Hi.
I have a Sony VAIO desktop with a Remote. I want to move this remote to my Sony VAIO laptop. They are both running WinXP. How do I get the software/drivers?
Thx.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

if the remote works burly on software ,you should be able to use the model of the desktop and go to sony website support and download the software ,if you need help doing that post the model # of the desktop

Desktop is PCV-RZ49(UC)

Did the remote come with the computer when you bought it ,not positive but i think the remote controls VAIO Zone,so do you have viao zone installed on the laptop ,if not you can download it from here , see it that gives you remote use .as i said im not sure if the remote is solely software or it there is some piece of hardware also install into the desktop that needed to use the remote .as all the remotes in my house use inferred,a computer maybe using Bluetooth to do it .and i will assume yours does too ,good luck
ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/OS/VistaUpgrade/Applications/VAIOZone/ENU/SOAVZN-01384000-UN.exe

The Remote (an RM-MC1) goes with the IR detector unit which plugs into an USB port on the computer.

The Remote (an RM-MC1) goes with the IR detector unit which plugs into an USB port on the computer.

ok,i thought it may be something like that,what about trying Viao Zone did you try that ??????
so did you try the software in the link i provided ,if did it help/work .

edit ,the link doesn't work any more ,odd .

I don't know what VAIO "zone" is.
Also, you want me to run some kind of exec file????

I don't know what VAIO "zone" is.
Also, you want me to run some kind of exec file????

sorry ,i don't own a Sony with a remote so i don't know how it works ,but i google search how to do it and it said it[vaio zone ] worked with vaio zone ,so if you already have vaio zone on the laptop then you would not need to run the exe file in the above link.

this is vaio zone software that should have come installed on your Sony Vaio.
http://vaio-online.sony.com/prod_info/software/vaio_zone_v1_2/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.