I have just swapped out my mobo for a foxconn NF4K8AC with Athlon64 3000+ cpu and geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI-E graphics card. The graphics card, cpu and mainboard fans spin up as do the CD/DVD drives and harddrive but the system simply emits a series of single prolonged beeps :sad: . I have swapped out the RAM in all the various slot combinations and bought a nice 500W Ultra X-Connect PSU but to no avail. Should I buy new RAM as my current PC2100 RAM is supposed to be compatible according to the manual but it touts itself as a DDR 400 compatible board or should I get my machine checked over by an (expensive) professional ? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
gor41.

System specs:
Mobo: Foxconn (WINFAST) NF4K8AC-RS-1.0 nVidia nForce4;Phoenix-Award BIOS
CPU: Athlon64 3000+ socket 939 (Venice core, ADA3000DAA4BP)
RAM: 1GB DDR PC2100 Infineon
Graphics card: Expertvision Geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI-E
Hard drive:Seagate 80GB
LG DVD rom drive;CD R/RW drive;Floppy;Audigy sound card;modem card;TV tuner card

Hmm hmm hmm.
Motherboard making beeps? You're going to have to access a "beep pattern" thread as they can map out what the motherboard is signaling wrong. The pattern may suggest a RAM issue, as you anticipate, but I think your machine is OK with the RAM. Whenever testing RAM, make sure you're only inserting one stick to avoid issues when two are combined.

Best of luck, reply back--and make sure your heatsink is on securely, a lot of problems arise from a loose heatsink. :\

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.