I just bought myself a new PC and there is some problems. It seems that when my hard-drive go over some amount of rpm, I get interference on my screen. It almost looks the same as when you get a cell phone call and your phone is near the screen. I have moved my pc around, pluged in another screen and check every piece of hardware in the case. No use. Please Help!!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I just bought myself a new PC and there is some problems. It seems that when my hard-drive go over some amount of rpm, I get interference on my screen. It almost looks the same as when you get a cell phone call and your phone is near the screen. I have moved my pc around, pluged in another screen and check every piece of hardware in the case. No use. Please Help!!!

This is nearly always a power supply problem. Depending upon the cost/age of the case, either the PS is too small for the load or the electrolytic capacitors are dried out due to heat (this causes the voltage to drop and ripple to increase, leading to interaction with the video). The second scenario is usually due to the PS fan seizing up over time. In your situation, it's probably the power supply pooping out due to marginal specs.

if u can bring it back to your point of purchase & exchange it as it sounds like it's not shielded properly.

Make sure that something is not running on the same circut........... Try moving it to a different plug outlet. Doug

The cell phone thing is common. I put my cell phone close to the monitor to boost the signal when at work cause we have very thick concrete walls - I, too, had issues with cd-roms causing the screen to flicker, aaaannnndd I did something about it internally - but it seems to be eluding me.........will call back later.

now i remember! - it was a grounding problem. I was getting slight feed to the case from the drive -> this may not help you at all. I would take it back ->

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.