Hello,

I installed a Serial ATA Card, the pc see the card, but WIndows 2000 explorer doesn't. How do I format the 2 Serial Ata hard drives?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did you install any drivers that were provided with the card? Does device manager show any issues with the loaded drivers. (If you did install them) Also, please be more specific when naming a topic in the forums here. A title such as "Windows 2k Serial ATA Issues" would probably be more useful. :)

I installed a Serial ATA Card, the pc see the card, but WIndows 2000 explorer doesn't. How do I format the 2 Serial Ata hard drives?

When naming a thread, please try to use a name that's more descriptive. I see what happened, but please be more careful next time.

I agree that it's a driver issue. A CD came with the card. Until you install the drivers, Win 2k will have no idea what to do with it.

When naming a thread, please try to use a name that's more descriptive. I see what happened, but please be more careful next time.

I agree that it's a driver issue. A CD came with the card. Until you install the drivers, Win 2k will have no idea what to do with it.

Hi Michael,

Yes, I did install the drivers and Win2000 does c it.
I still can get the drives formatted.
The card is ALi M5283, I purchased it 3 4 days ago.
Any advise is very appreciated

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Did you install any drivers that were provided with the card? Does device manager show any issues with the loaded drivers. (If you did install them) Also, please be more specific when naming a topic in the forums here. A title such as "Windows 2k Serial ATA Issues" would probably be more useful. :)

Yes, I did install the drivers and Win2000 does c it.
I still can get the drives formatted.
The card is ALi M5283, I purchased it 3 4 days ago.
Any advise is very appreciated
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right-click on My Computer -> Manage -> Storage -> Disk Management, and from there you should be able to format them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.