My computer specs are:
Intel Pentium4 660 Hyper Threading 3.6
Gigabyte LGA775 GA-81945P (PRO)(-G)
G5 looking Case with (New) Enermax SLi 535w ATX 12v v.2.0
2x 512 ddr20 668MHz Dual channel(With heat sinks)
XFX Geforce 7600GT
2 Dvd drives
320GB
Zalman Copper Heatsink/Fan - 92 mm
2 80 mm Fans(1 front, 1 back)
2 120 mm Fans(1 side, 1 front)
2 PSU built in Fans
1 PCI slot Air blower

Ok, my computer was working great with my new PSU(ran a little hot) and had no problems. I have read from PC magazines that updateing Drivers and Software might help performance if there are updates, so i went ahead and updated my Motherboard Audio Driver(3 updates) and a Bios update. When installed the Drivers i was promted once to restart but I didnt and went ahead to instal the Bios update. When i restarted my computer, my computer wouldnt boot(black screen, the power light for the screen is orange not green, all fans are running, Video card fan running too). I left it on for 1 minute and thought maybe it froze while trying to install the file and turned it off manually. Till now it still wont boot i get no beeps, I know 1 beep means Great no problems and other beeps mean trouble but I get no beeps. I tried taking out the mother board battery(I know the Power has to be off while doing this) for 4 minutes but it didnt work so i'm going to leave the battery out for the night, I tried putting in my windows media center cds(trying to reformat) but the screen still is black and wont budge. I dont even see my curusor, I just bought a new PSU and i dont think i would want to go buy a new motherboard for installing a god damn Bios update from the Offcial Site thats suppose to be GOOD for me(an innocent customer). Can anyone please help me, i'm in the deepest need right now. Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

BIOS? Uh ohs.

Probably not... good, but possibly fixable. If you were running smooth and happy before, drivers wouldn't cause startup issues. Therefore, we must assume the worst and attempt some defaulting of BIOS settings, there'll be a jumper you can remove on your board to default the settings, although I am not confidant it will help, I'm just trying to think of something. It should be in a south-east corner of the board.

In other words... BIOS did it.

However, in the manual, I saw a diagram of your board. You have two BIOSs, one for backup, no doubt. I have no idea how it works, but if you look into it, you'll probably find a way to access it, and behold, freedom from the black screen.

i download 3 specific exe, i didnt use the giga byte utility i used the site, i took out the battery for 9 hours and it still doesnt work. how do i flash the bios and will it damage my system? I can even do anything.. This is really messed up, can u give me pictures i'm really worried doing anything from this point on with out step by step guidience

ok this is the site i used to download the drivers
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ClassValue=motherboard&ProductID=1906&ProductName=GA-8I945P-G
i downloaded the 3 audio files, installed them from oldest to newest(didnt restart PC when prompted), the chipset file and the i-Cool from this site http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/motherboard/Utility_Model.aspx?ClassValue=motherboard&ProductID=1906&ProductName=GA-8I945P-G .

sorry to say that by not restarting you may well have killed your board. it might be recoverable if you have a backup bios as suggested by Beastoverlord. I'm afraid the only other options are a bios 'hot swap' or a new board. Bios updating or flashing should only be done if absolutely nescessary and always follow the instructions to the letter. good luck.

had the same with GA-81945P PRO on intel i buit recently the to fix the problem asuming you did the update from the @bios utility, you will need to download the bios file and extracted it to a floppy of course from a different computer put the floppy in the drive of the bad computer turn it on with the floppy in the drive give it two minutes and it sure try to find the bios file from the drive and reflash you won't see anything on the screen until system restart. if this doesn't work send back to gigibyte they will reflash it for a small price.

and being the fact that it didn't recover from the backup bios you flash both at the same time the only to fix is the above reply if it doesn't work send back to gigbyte.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.