Please help me!!!

Recently, while mucking about in linux, i decided to abort an instalation of Suse 9.2. I quit it and everything, and shut down the computer.:mad: Big mistake. Now the computer doesn't start. I need to install windows XP onto it.

however, when you start the system, there is no display, and I get a beep error code, which consistes of:

2-1

where the number is the number of beeps and - indicates a pause.

First i tried to boot from the hd on another pc. it loaded up centOS, my previous OS half and half, some errors along the way.
I then loaded up Win Xp and i formatted the hd using paragon, into two equal sized ntfs partitions.

putting the hd back in the original machine still failed to work. I then reset the CMOS by shorting the jumper. Still not working.

All my cards/rams/drives are in properly and because there is only the 1 hd it has its master drive jumper set.

It is really important that i get win xp going again because i need to get my webserver up and running, which i was first doing on win, then switched to linux, and now nothing works at all!!!!!

I am not very experienced with the innards of a pc, although i could possibly build one on my own.

I am experienced with win, but not linux!!

I'd be really greatful if somewone could help me.

My system specs are:

Pheonix BIOS (i think!!)
Seagate Hd
AMD Anthlon (yes i know... far to slow & rubbish for anything..)
Not sure about gfx but there is one
not sure about make of moby
Soundblaster sound cd
Networking card
modem card
Usb 2 expansion card
128 mb sdram
2 x 256 mb ram

Thanks so much for your time everyone!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try booting with a win98 bootdisk , type in fdisk and delete any non dos partitions or dos partitions and greate a new partition , reboot format the drive from the floppy ,then reboot with winxp in the cdrom .

Try booting with a win98 bootdisk , type in fdisk and delete any non dos partitions or dos partitions and greate a new partition , reboot format the drive from the floppy ,then reboot with winxp in the cdrom .

Thanks for your time - the only problem is that there is no display at all - let alone me being able to do anything!!

by the way people that are reading this-

please please please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

leave a message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help me!!!

All my cards/rams/drives are in properly and because there is only the 1 hd it has its master drive jumper set.

Me Again ,try removing all unnecessary cards ,like network ,modem sound ,floppy cdrom s. ect ect ,if you have more than one stick of ram remove and reinstall one at a time ,after you try rebooting computer

Me Again ,try removing all unnecessary cards ,like network ,modem sound ,floppy cdrom s. ect ect ,if you have more than one stick of ram remove and reinstall one at a time ,after you try rebooting computer

ok tanx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.