Hey Everyone!

I am Jacob, I have worked with computers since 1975, however other than a year obtaining a computer network certificate which did entail some soft and hardware class, I am mostly self taught. I found a Pentium II Dell V-400 at a garage sale that worked, however I bought a drive erase program and crashed the system. When I attempted to load 2000 and then 98 on it, I received a "invalid system disk" error. I am sure the boot disk or cd has the right information. So my question is , is it a bad hard drive or what. Any help would be appreciated, have a great day!

Jacob

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by aniseed

You should check the BIOS settings for the boot order. I guess the hard disk comes prior to your CD (boot disk) in the booting order. Strangely (I never understood why because I learnt it through some trials), if the hard disks boot record is improper, the system does not proceed with the boot order and flashes the "Invalid System Disk" message.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.