hello all.
let me begin by stating i know nothing about computer hardware because i never experienced any problems till now. my toshiba satellite p35 laptop went dead on me last week. i wasnt doing anything or recently installed anything out of the ordinary. i received a blue screen error message but was strapped for time so i didnt bother reading it, thinking it was nothing serious (i do remember it saying something about changing something in the bios) now when i turn it on it just gives a blank screen. the laptop sounds like its booting normally for about 3 secs, then dies down as if it were hibernating. after hours of forum searching, i find that when i press fn + f5 it changes the screen view, so i power on the laptop and press the keys real quick and im able to see the loading screen and windows loading screen then i get an black screen error message ive never seen and cant find any info at all on any forum about it. i dont have my laptop with me at the moment so i cant remember in great detail but the 1st line of the message was something like
=========exception========
then it began listing numerical values for a bunch of categories ive never seen ( two of them i think were 'gti limit' and gtd limit). i dont know anything about bios but i tried a bunch of trial n error changes, and also downloaded bios update to cd and tried booting from it but nothing. when i try to use the system restore cd it will freeze at the 'starting windows' screen.
Would this problem be fixable by a comp tech without requiring the purchase of new parts?any help on this is greatly appreciated.

*oh yeah,possibly relevant background info- not too long ago i had to bring my laptop to a tech to fix a *run kernal for dlls*? error and to clean the fans because i experienced a lot of overheating

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Chaky

also i forgot to add the beeping sound from the speakers. there was no pattern just a long, loud, annoying cry :(

You probably picked up a virus that corrupted the bios. You should contact the manufacturer to provide you with Bootable bios cd (taking that is possible to boot from cd now) and support in general. I understand that that model don't come with floppy drive. If it were, then the problem would be solveable without replacing bios chip.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.