I recently bought a radeon 9550 (256 mb) for my computer. It replaced my old radeon 7k (32 mb). Well it occasionally, after maybe 30 minutes - 1 hour, it restarts by itself. Also, when I play video games, I only play a few minutes of it then my computer shuts down and says "frequency out of range, try outher resolutions" any ideas on what that is?

I completely uninstalled my old drivers, installed this new video card, installed new drivers, and the screen looks fine. I dont know what is going wrong. Any help will be apreciated.;)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

the model is a hp pavilion a600n

I recently bought a radeon 9550 (256 mb) for my computer. It replaced my old radeon 7k (32 mb). Well it occasionally, after maybe 30 minutes - 1 hour, it restarts by itself. Also, when I play video games, I only play a few minutes of it then my computer shuts down and says "frequency out of range, try outher resolutions" any ideas on what that is?

I completely uninstalled my old drivers, installed this new video card, installed new drivers, and the screen looks fine. I dont know what is going wrong. Any help will be apreciated.;)

Try downloading the latest drivers from ati also make sure you have changed your bios settings. If that doesn't help lower your screen resolution.:lol:

Heat...heat...heat. Sounds like it is overheating. Have you opened it up and blown out all of the dust lately with compressed air? If you havent, maybe you should try that. Especially get the powersupply and processor heatsinks good.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.