i bought a GIGABYTE i865PE Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU, Model "GA-8IPE1000 PRO-G" and i was woundering if it would work with my Intel® Pentium® 4 3.0 GHz / 512K Cache / 800Mhz FSB / Socket 478 / HyperThreading / Processor. i would apprecaite it thank you for you thoughts.
contact me
[email="bassmxer@yahoo"]bassmxer@yahoo[/email]
justin.bass@us.army.mil
bassmxer@aol.com

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That motherboard should have no problems at all working with your processor.

It's a fine motherboard choice!

I'm not a Pentium user myself, but I've not seen bad reports about this board at all.

If your budget can stretch further, the Gigabyte 8KNXP is perhaps currently rated as 'best of the best', but it's rather expensive.

Other alternatives to consider would be the ABit series of boards (AI7, IS7, IC7 series) which draw good reports as great performers in their respective categories.

The i875P chipset is rated as the 'fastest' available, but under some circumstances, according to reports I've seen, the i865PE chipset can outperform it.

ht ready means that it will take full addvantage of the ht on the proccessor right

It's best to Google for reviews of the motherboard tou're looking at, but yes, I'd consider that to be an indication that the board is capable of using the 'Hyperthreading' capacity of the processor.

Use '<Motherboard model number> review benchmarks specifications' as your search criteria in Google and you should turn up some quite helpful articles amongst the Ads and dross!

If you use '<Motherboard model number> review comparison' as your search criteria, you should turn up articles which compare the board to others for a performance analysis.

thank you for your help

You should also remember that having 'hyperthreading' functional on your system isn't necessarily going to make it any 'faster'. The feature is only useful for applications which actually use it, and makes no difference for applications which don't.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.