I run a tight ship. I mean I thought I run a tight ship. I have a hardware firewall with latest upgrades, software firewall, anti-virus, anti-spy, registry-lock, etc. updated frequently. I run them daily, I don't click on links directly, I don't visit dubious sites from this particular machine, and I don't share things with the other machines...

Yet... Something just happened.

See that little attachement?

I get that pop-up intermitently. When hovering over the green arrow, it has a description show up "Finalize string". Sometimes the periods (dots) appear in a text field I am working in, and its own window does not show.

There is no process or hidden process that I can find when this window shows. Anyone have seen this before?

I ran three different anti-malware software packages... nothing.

What else could it be?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I had a similar problem, it wasn't the box that you mentioned but it was a video of a grandma kicking a baby, there were no processes/hidden processes to speak of and no installed programs nor registry entries. How I got rid of it was pure luck, normally the mouse moves over it like its part of the background but one time I saw something flash when I moved over it so I tried a couple more times and a frame appeared around it with a small almost invisible X in the corner and click... gone. Don't know if there is a similar situation with your bug.

i need help with the same as the 1st bug
HELP me! please

its to do with IE8 i think

i only got it after trying IE8 beta

IE8 beta must be just a glorious browser. :)

its not IE8 becuase im using Firefox and i got it.

wierd

I have this also,and use IE7. I believe it has to do with the web site. Because I don't get it on all sites.
It's just another means of advertising income.

I have this also,and use IE7. I believe it has to do with the web site. Because I don't get it on all sites.
It's just another means of advertising income.

Please can you actually say which virus/bug you have and what do you mean in the last sentence?

Anyway... i may have killed it because it is now not appearing!!!:-O
What i did: Run a total computer scan with "Kaspersky 7.0". It's not free by the way...

Can you tell me if you solve it the same way i did. It would be helpful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.