I have an older Dell Dimension 550L and it has a single Maxtor 10 gb hard drive. Well the drive is pretty much full the system is working fine, and i am running Windows XP SP2 with no problems. I had a friend give me a Western Digital 100gb HD and I want to swap the 2 HD's. I tried this and the 100gb HD was running but it wouldn't let me get past the "start Windos normally" page. What am I missing? Do i need to change something in the Bios? I don't have the possibility of a Master/Slave set up. The 100gb hard drive was functioning correctly in the other computer running Windows XP.
I am sure this has been asked before but i can't find any answers. I don't care if i save any information on either of the computers. Can anyone Help????

Mike555 commented: -mike555 +1

What are your computer specs. Inorder for me to provide you with a possible solution, ill need as much information about your computer.

Processor Type; Speed
Motherboard
Year model.

Best Regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.