When I try to start my other computer up, it first comes up with message saying "Error loading powerprof.dll (break) One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found."

Then, after the computer runs ScanDisk, another message comes up that says "Error loading Explorer.exe. (break) You must reinstall Windows."

After that the computer shuts off. It uses Windows ME (Millenium Edition).
Can someone please help me with this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When I try to start my other computer up, it first comes up with message saying "Error loading powerprof.dll (break) One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found."

Then, after the computer runs ScanDisk, another message comes up that says "Error loading Explorer.exe. (break) You must reinstall Windows."

After that the computer shuts off. It uses Windows ME (Millenium Edition).
Can someone please help me with this?

Sounds like a corrupted hard disk. I suggest you back up all your stuff, and then proceed with a reformat and reinstallation of Windows.

If the problem persists, your hard drive is probably dying.

And, if possible, upgrade your OS. ME is quite an outdated OS. Besides, MS has stopped supporting Win 98 and ME.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.