Maybe someone can help me... I just built a computer, very first one... when I power it up, it'll show the first screen prompting me to hit delete to enter bios. however, it just freezes on that screen.

can anybody help me? asus doesn't seem to care too much. They did send me a replacement bios because they thought the bios was corrupted, but that didn't help though. Nothing changed. Tried calling them back, but they just keep hanging up on me.

desperate... please help...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

board sounds bad to me. Is it just the bios freezing up? Does it freeze if you dont push delete and try to boot normally?

Maybe someone can help me... I just built a computer, very first one... when I power it up, it'll show the first screen prompting me to hit delete to enter bios. however, it just freezes on that screen.

can anybody help me? asus doesn't seem to care too much. They did send me a replacement bios because they thought the bios was corrupted, but that didn't help though. Nothing changed. Tried calling them back, but they just keep hanging up on me.

desperate... please help...

Does it fail before POST or during(Do you get any beeps). If you hit 'Delete' during power on do you get to the BIOS setup.

I'll hear one beep (keyboard error or drive error according to manual).. and then it'll freeze at that screen. Sometimes I'll get past that screen by pressing delete, sometimes even when pressing delete it'll still freeze. Once it gets past though it'll freeze at the next screen...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.