hi
ok ive spent the last three days of my hols trying to fix my computer, and its actually working now but i had to reboot the whole thing.
but the thing is everytime i turn on my computer it still asks for the reboot cd ( it used to do this around 1 in 10 times i turned it on since it was bought but never actually rebooted) and then windows just starts up normally and the disk can be removed again but its getting really annoyying can someone think of a reason why it would do this and please help me out.

and another question i know ive lost my files from rebooting well i think i have is there a possible way of getting them back?????

and another really stupid question but since the whole reboot thing a total of two hours the screen refresh rate is really slow like when scrolling down pages any idea on what i could do there too???

thanks if you can help even with just one
and sorry if this is posted in the wrong section
ta again

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hi
ok ive spent the last three days of my hols trying to fix my computer, and its actually working now but i had to reboot the whole thing.
but the thing is everytime i turn on my computer it still asks for the reboot cd ( it used to do this around 1 in 10 times i turned it on since it was bought but never actually rebooted) and then windows just starts up normally and the disk can be removed again but its getting really annoyying can someone think of a reason why it would do this and please help me out.

and another question i know ive lost my files from rebooting well i think i have is there a possible way of getting them back?????

and another really stupid question but since the whole reboot thing a total of two hours the screen refresh rate is really slow like when scrolling down pages any idea on what i could do there too???

thanks if you can help even with just one
and sorry if this is posted in the wrong section
ta again

I think you mean "reformat". Rebooting and reformatting are 2 totally different things.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_format
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reboot
Enjoy.

It sounds as if you have the wrong display driver installed for you video card/monitor. I suggest finding the disks that came with your computer, and install the video card/monitor software. Hopefully this will fix most of your problems.

You can also copy the files from the Windows disk onto your hard drive so you don't have to insert it whenever it detects some new hardware. Copy the win98 (or whatever version of Windows you have) from the CD, onto the C: drive. Then redirect Windows to that folder when it asks for a CD.

thankyou so much
ta again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.