hi im looking to hook my computer up with two screens but my graphics card has a vga and dvi output, can i run two monitors on this?, 1 screen on the vga output (analogue monitor) and 1 on the dvi (digital monitor) output?

Or do i have to buy a new card with the same outputs like two vga outputs or two dvi outputs?

my graphics card is a GeForce 6600

Regards.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

hi im looking to hook my computer up with two screens but my graphics card has a vga and dvi output, can i run two monitors on this?, 1 screen on the vga output (analogue monitor) and 1 on the dvi (digital monitor) output?.

Maybe... some cards allow this. Try it, and see if it works. If not, you'll have to buy another video card.

yeah i will when i get my screens but i was just wondering because i might mess my card up.
thanks.

wow thanks great website helped me out alot chrz.

yeah i will when i get my screens but i was just wondering because i might mess my card up.

Actually, it's quite hard to mess that up. You have to be very experienced to wreck something like that. :cheesy:

yeah my radeon does this fine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.