Hello all

I bought a MSI K8N Diamond Plus motherboard a few months ago. Everything was OK but there were problems with my 56k PCI internal modem. Sometimes my PC was blocked or reset, I tried different brands and models but the same happened once and again. Two weeks ago I bougth a Pinnacle PCI Studio 700... I installed it and the same problem: my PC reset when I want click on video capture. Since then, I can´t use any of both PCI slots because my PC resets. I changed them, use the modem without the Pinnacle card, the Pinnacle card without the modem, but nothing.

I used Registry Mechanic and CCleaner to clen my registry, searching errors...but still nothing. I think that both PCI slots are failed, but it´s that posible or there´s some configuration to fix them?! Or just going to my reseller waranty?!

Thank you
Matias

Also, I updated my bios from MSI, to the latest they have. I reinstalled Windows XP too a few month ago...well, a lot of things and nothing

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.