My mother was given this laptop with not much use, and is still in very good condition.

I consider myself rather computer-savy, and normally troubleshoot alot of my own problems with ease. However this one is different.

This computer worked for about 3-4 months after we recieved it, until one day after we shut it down, it never would come back on. Nothing spilled, not dropped, no misuse what-so-ever ( as far as I know).

The power cord it's self has a green light, which comes on when I plug it in, When I plug this into the computer, nothing happens.

I opened the laptop to look and see if there was any unpluged/shorted out pieces to maybe find a reason for the problems. I scanned thoroughly and never found anything, the only possible idea i could think of was that the internal leg of the powersupply or fried.

Can I get a new PS or is there another idea? I already tried the reset button on the bottom, no luck.

Reguards, H1353:lol:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hard drive went bad? That is a decent laptop, without the total failures you find in Sony VAIO or eMachines. I would test your hard drive in another machine, or put it in a desktop with and adapter to see if you can get the data off.
Refurb hard drive $40. New $60 to $90.
If you don't have the recovery disc set, buy it at www.hp.com for less than $30.

this sounds like a similar problem i'm having with my hp laptop, does it power up at all, try removing the battery and see if it powers up at all. check out my post to see the problem i'm having.

this sounds like a similar problem i'm having with my hp laptop, does it power up at all, try removing the battery and see if it powers up at all. check out my post to see the problem i'm having.

Nothing happens, like I said, i think it's a power-supply problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.