Ok, i will go through what happened so you will all know.
I have Norton installed, which was playing up saying secuity was off, i wanted to unistall it because i had panda. Anyway, norton was giving me a supervisor error, so i could not unistall this.. I went to install Panda, 'it did say i should unistall norton first', but i thought it would be fine.
Now, when i start xp up it works fine, but nothing is responding, when i click start, nothing is happening, i can access some things on my dekstop but it takes about 10 mins just to load up a small pic.. Nothing seems to be loading..
So, i then thought about the system restore, which meant i had to boot in safe mode, but when i get to the black screen i cannot change the option to go to safe mode because the directional keys will not move up and the enter key wont even work .
I get the black screen but i cannot choose any options...
[IMG]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3651/dsc00429sv9.th.jpg[/IMG]

However , i know the keyboard is working.. So has anyone got a way to get into safe mode without the f8 or without the msconfig way ? Because i need to do a restore but cant access it even when i'm not in safe mode..
Hope this is understandable..
I am using my laptop at the moment just incase anyone wonders. :cheesy:

Thank you very much :)

Recommended Answers

try and lay your hands on a ps/2 keyboard and mouse. this should work in enabling you to use safe mode.

some features/drivers will become disabled on accessing safe mode.

Jump to Post

If Norton won't uninstall in the normal way, get the uninstall utility from the Symantec site.

Jump to Post

All 7 Replies

Is it s USB or PS/2 keyboard?

It is usb wireless..
I know it works because it works ok when using other keys...

try and lay your hands on a ps/2 keyboard and mouse. this should work in enabling you to use safe mode.

some features/drivers will become disabled on accessing safe mode.

commented: thanks +1

Yeah, it is now working in safe mode, i will keep you informed on what happened with the pc. Thanks :)

Ok, everything seems to be ok now, just uninstalled Panda, and now its good... Now just the problem with Norton :)

If Norton won't uninstall in the normal way, get the uninstall utility from the Symantec site.

commented: thanks +1

Yes , i managed to get this uninstalled, thanks for the info.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.